Beaches and Bush Properties respects your privacy. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Privacy Sector) Act 2000.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect varies according to whether you are an actual or prospective vendor, purchaser, landlord or tenant and may include:
- You name, address & contact details
- The number of prospective tenants & their date of birth
- Your property needs & preferences
- The address and description of any property you own
- Your current & previous employment
- Your drivers licence number and/or passport number
- Your rental record & condition of the property you are renting
- Information held about you on tenancy databases
What do we do with personal information we collect?
We collect personal information from actual and prospective vendors, purchasers, landlords & tenants to:
- Fulfill our obligations under Agency Agreements
- Inform prospective purchasers of suitable properties
- Maintain the security of properties which we show
- Send out direct marketing materials
- Seek potential clients
- Provide market appraisals
- Verify identity
- Process tenancy applications
- Manage tenancies
In order to carry out our duties as Agents, we may disclose some or all of this information to:
- Potential purchasers or vendors, landlords or tenants
- Media organisations
- The public generally via the internet
- Existing & future clients of Beaches & Bush Properties
- Parties engaged to evaluate the property, for example building inspectors
- Owners’ corporations
- Government & statutory authorities
- Valuers & financial institutions
- Third parties as required by law
- Other agents
We only disclose enough information to fulfil the specific purpose for which we collected it.
For further information:
We would be happy to provide information about the use of your personal information or to discuss any concerns you may have. Please contact us on 02 4472 4777. In addition, you may access your personal information at any time to see whether it is accurate and up-to-date & request changes if it is not.
COVID-19 POLICY & UPDATE
Following the advent of COVID–19, Beaches & Bush Properties has been fortunate enough to be able to get the great minds in our team that normally work to help our clients, to implementing resilient and dynamic strategies for our own business and the seamless continuity of our client services whilst ensuring the well-being of our team, clients and friends.
If you have been in contact with someone exposed to COVID-19, have concerns about your health status or have been directed to self-isolate by a Government or Health Authority then we ask that you avoid attendance at our office and make alternative arrangements. Similarly, in order to limit exposure of our office to the virus, we are avoiding all non-essential in person appointments. We have of course put processes in place to ensure continued straightforward and effortless communication with our clients, partners and other business associates including the use of email, phone or video conferencing where possible.
Following the financial distress many clients, businesses and friends are currently facing, we are happy to assist in any way to help them with their own continuity planning and potential financial distress issues which many sectors such as retail and hospitality are already feeling the impacts of today.
For our wonderful tenants that prefer to visit our friendly office to pay rent, we ask that you use internet banking for a short period during these trying times. Should this proposal prove too difficult, please phone our office to discuss alternate arrangements.
We will keep you informed if we put any new policies in place or as the situation in any other way develops. We otherwise hope you and your families are safe and well in these difficult times.
Update as of 16 August 2021: our office is closed to public until further notice but will remain open for calls & emails.